We may have “closed the books” on summer 2017, but Camp Avoda is always open for fun! Many families choose to visit potential camps for their children during the summer before they actually want them to attend. Many others get the “camp bug” after friends and family members come home with stories of adventure, games, new friends and new experiences. Camp Avoda, an all-boys overnight camp in Middleboro, Massachusetts offers tours and activities year-round.
Located at 23 Gibbs Road, on the shores of Lake Tispaquin, Avoda has more than 90 years of history serving boys from ages 7 to 16. Core principles of Leadership, Spirit, Brotherhood, and Tradition guide us in our bunk relationships, competitions, spiritual life, and all aspects of camp life.
What can Camp do for your son?
• Provide him with lots of sports to play…and learn…in a setting that also encourages clean competition and skills instruction.
o Not a great athlete? Not only do we offer an array of other activities, but many kids are also still learning and growing. It simply doesn’t matter!
• Encourage him to try new activities: woodworking, climbing, mountain biking, archery, arts and crafts, wilderness training, robotics, and much more!
• Allow him time in an environment where “being a boy” is the celebrated norm.
• Teach him to live with others in a setting designed to encourage independence while knowing that assistance is always nearby.
• Give him a chance to find his attachment to Judaism while living in an immersive environment where Friday night Frisbee lights the camp sky with glowing disks after services and a traditional Shabbat meal.
All this and more can be a part of your son’s experience at Camp Avoda. Intrigued? We would love to meet you, provide a tour of camp, introduce you to other Avodians, and answer any questions you may have. Camp Avoda is here year-round.
Phone: 781.433.0131 (September 1st-June 15th)